let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
This Legal Non-Conforming Triplex is ideally located close to Downtown, Quadra Village, Mayfair mall and is right across from Topaz Park. Featuring a two bedroom suite upstairs with views of Topaz Park and across to the Sooke Hills. Downstairs one bedroom and bachelor. Each with separate entrances, individual outdoor spaces and two driveways for off street parking. Four electrical meters installed; One for ea...
NOT GROUND FLOOR! Nicely presented and ready to move in two-bedroom, one-bathroom condo perfectly situated on the quiet side of the building. This bright and airy corner-unit features an excellent floor plan with a large living, dining room combo, two spacious bedrooms plus a large storage closet and additional same floor storage unit. Updated with laminate flooring throughout as well as a recently renovated ...
OH: Sat March 9: 11-1pm Nestled on a quiet street between trendy Fernwood and historic Rockland, this spacious 6bd/3bth 3151sqft 1908 character home (with 3bd mortgage helper) is conveniently located within walking distance to parks/theatres/dining/shopping. Reconstructed and lifted in 2005, with new foundation, drainage, plumbing, and wiring, this house boasts high ceilings, large windows, hardwood floors, o...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Larry grew up on a cattle farm in Central Alberta, near the
foothills of the Rocky Mountains. After receiving his Bachelor of
Science with a concentration in Criminology and International
Development from the University of Ottawa, Larry moved to the west
coast. It didn't take long for Larry to realize Victoria was an amazing
city and that it would be a privilege to be a part of this community. In
2009/2010 he sat as a Director on the Fairfield/Gonzales Community
Association and chaired the Fairfield Environment Committee. Larry has
also sat on the General Liaison Committee for the Victoria Real Estate